Scope of Warehouse Quality and Safety Manager Position:
It is the responsibility of the Warehouse Quality and Safety Manager to support the Operations Manager’s efforts in the areas of quality, safety, and training programs of the distribution center. On a daily basis, the Quality and Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining the quality, safety, and training programs which will involve daily communication to the warehouse and transportation teams. This will include providing information on root causes, coordinating IRB’s (Safety incident review board), and working with new associates in the warehouse. This position requires management and people development skills.
- Ownership of new associate training which will include training, educating, evaluating and certifying all new hire associates on the SharePoint procedures for the warehouse which will consist of first shift and third shift hours.
- Update SharePoint procedures as changes are made in our processes, and train all associates on the updated process.
- Conduct follow up training to associates as needed.
- Ownership of the quality program which includes monitoring the root cause process for plants 49 and 50 warehouses and the transportation department.
- Conduct monthly quality meetings with the managers of the warehouse and transportation.
- Ownership of the safety program for the warehouse and transportation departments.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with the warehouse and delivery associates.
- Attend seminars and in class training on the aspects of your position.
Qualifications or skills required to be successful:
- Quality minded
- Keen sense of safety
- High organizational skills
- Effective communicator
- Goal oriented
- High Energy
- Positive Attitude