The ideal candidate will have an accounting degree or close to completing with a solid work ethic. This person should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. This role requires someone to work efficiently and effectively with minimum supervision while also functioning well in a team environment.
The Staff Accountant will assist in the accounting department with various tasks including daily banking, balance sheet account reconciliations, month end close and general accounts payable functions.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare and post general ledger entries
- Assist in preparation of various reports and schedules as needed such as bank and management financial statements
- Assist in reconciliation of bank statements, credit card accounts and various schedules
- Assist in processing expense invoices
- Responsible for processing vendor statement reconciliation
Qualifications or skills required to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 1 year or more of accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple task simultaneously
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient