Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Gross Profit Goals which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the market area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Strive to achieve 100% Club and President’s Club.
- Grow Gross Profit Dollars in territory Year-Over-Year.
- Generate sales and gross profit within either JanSan or Packaging oriented SIC Codes within the Division Selling area.
- Develop an annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the year focusing the Sales Professional on meeting or exceeding goals.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develop the ability to be a “Trusted Advisor” to all clients through the ability to form:
- Relationships at all levels of the Client’s Business.
- And be a “Strategic Sales Professional” in all areas.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows The Sales Professional to give effective presentations and close accounts with assistance of Sales Management and other Pollock Resources.
- Develop and Strive to Improve to the highest level the following Sales Traits:
- Goal Oriented
- Possess a Strong Work Ethic
- Possess a Strong Character and Integrity
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Prospector of Business
- Possess a Competitive Spirit
- Assist in the implementation of Company and Division Marketing / Selling Plans as needed.
- Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Pollock Sales Professionals are encouraged to get involved with the community by participating in organizations such as Churches, Community Service Organizations, PTA, etc.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales pipelines.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service. This includes customer needs assessment and providing solutions, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Self Management – The ability to motivate and execute plans and actions for oneself without motivation from others.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion — Getting others to change their minds or behavior.
- Coordination — Being flexible in adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Selling or Influencing Others — Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Developing Objectives and Strategies — Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.