Scope of Position:
This position will focus on the expediting of purchase orders from suppliers, and proactively communicating information to sales and the purchasing team. Will work closely with all Pollock warehouses and accounting to resolve receiving discrepancies. This person will also work with buyers and merchandisers to monitor vendor performance measurements and create action plans to improve performance and hold vendors to higher standards.
Work closely with all divisions and departments at Pollock. This includes customer service, accounting, merchandising, sales, warehouses and transportation.
- Follow up on assigned vendors and consistently communicate the status of purchase orders.
- Additional responsibilities include processing vendor pick-ups, resolving discrepancies, and working with transportation and warehouses to maintain workflow.
- Develop personal relationships with vendors to help Pollock with our vendor performance improvements and to make sure they meet our service level expectations.
- Work with merchandising team and buyers to identify areas of improvement regarding vendor performance. Set up, prepare and lead vendor performance management meetings.
Qualifications or skills required to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred, but not required
- High attention to detail to ensure nothing slips through the cracks
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and wear many hats
- Proficient in Outlook
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Willing to be extremely persistent when following up with suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to lead meetings with vendors and maintain professionalism and a good attitude while working with suppliers to improve performance
- Organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Be able to handle an environment that consists of flexibility ex: constantly re-prioritizing, multi-tasking with a high volume of work