Business Group: OPS North America
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Reports to Title(s): Director EHS
Work Location: Dallas or Houston
The EHS Regional Manager creates and implements a world class safety system that identifies risk, eliminates hazards and strives for continuous safety improvement and standardization throughout the manufacturing process. Will comply with all applicable OSHA and EPA regulatory requirements and serve as a technical resource to the organization. Position will support multiple sites in Texas and the Southeast.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements safety policies in compliance with local, state, federal and company Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Conducts worksite assessments to identify and evaluate safety and health risk and compliance exposures. Develops and implements strategies to reduce or eliminate these risks and exposures.
- Drives administrative controls and engineering controls to eliminate hazards in the facility to create a zero-incident workplace
- Plans and delivers training programs for management and employees on relevant accident prevention and compliance programs. Conducts new employee orientation in connection with company goals and requirements.
- Coordinates facility Safety and Health committee\subcommittees and facilitates the continuous improvement process through Behavior Based Safety, Ergonomic, Forklift, and shift safety teams
- Conducts analyses of accidents and health hazards to be used to target specific prevention strategies. Prepares and maintains required documentation of incident reports, statistical analysis for use as required by company personnel or outside agencies.
- Provide management and hands-on support to operations as required. May require off-shift hours to be worked as necessary.
- Participate or lead Incident Investigations to find continuous improvement opportunities either in work practices or work conditions with the use of solid root cause analysis. Provides First Aid as needed to team.
- Responsible for supporting Niles, IL facility and assigned regional operations.
- Supports sites facility maintenance programs, ensuring contractors, equipment is maintained as necessary.
Education, Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Science or Management (recommended)
- 5 + years’ minimum experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance responsibilities, within a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing internal or external EHS management systems in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and training skills
- Must possess excellent planning, administrative and organizational skills
- Good computer skills in Word processing, spreadsheets, and database management
- Ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Detail oriented
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Certified CSP, ASP, ARM, or other recognized certification a plus
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Must have experience managing EHS programs in a multi-site environment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The employee may lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or vibration.