Pollock is wholesale distributor of industrial packaging and sanitary maintenance supplies, as well as food service disposables and retail supplies. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization. Two years of dispatching experience preferred, but will consider the right candidate without this experience.
- Daily Communication and management of 22 drivers, all local, both class A and Class B
- Build trust and working relationship with drivers to create a team oriented culture
- Carry out the routes assigned by Roadnet routers the previous evening
- Ability to effectively manage changes that occur throughout the day
- Communicate effectively with customer service, sales, and management
- Work with warehouse managers to arrange loads, place trailers at dock, and transfer product to second warehouse
- Manage maintenance of fleet, some through full service lease program and some through shops for company owned equipment
- High school degree or equivalent GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior managerial or leadership experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Exel and Outlook
- Decision making ability
- Problem solving ability
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Planning and prioritizing work
Salary and benefits package includes
• 401K with employer match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
Based in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000/year.