Scope of Position:
To make sure products are bought properly at the correct price and in a timely manner. Maintain proper inventory levels at the same time keeping our turns in check with Pollock standards by material group. To help Sales and Customer Service maintain a high level of satisfaction with our Customers in assisting in the replenishment of stocking and special items, making appropriate adjustments, as our business needs change.
- Forecasting and planning items for replenishment.
- Maintain correct levels of inventory and fill rates
- Review reports for dead stock and slow moving inventory and work with Sales to move those items appropriately or do Vendor returns.
- Maintain correct pricing data and inbound freight conditions in system with help from Merchandisers.
- Work close with Expeditors on prioritizing their day and what is needed from them to assist you in meeting all of your goals.
- Communicate with Sales & Inside Sales and appropriate Managers on any opportunities that come up for improving our processes or if communication improvements are needed.
- Work with Accounts Payable assistant and Expeditor to handle all discrepancies with purchase orders and pricing.
Qualifications or skills required to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred, but not required
- Purchasing experience preferred for multi item/multi Vendors and forecasting materials.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and multi-task efficiently
- Helpful to have Outlook and Excel experience in at least sorting and creating tasks and spreadsheets, but not a huge part of the job.
- Industry product knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Possess good verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Be able to handle an environment that consists of flexibility ex: constantly re-prioritizing, multi-tasking with a high volume of work
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with good follow up skills
- Support to both internal and external customers
- Disciplined to work pro-active quadrant of time and balance the workflow.
- Demonstrate a team player, can-do attitude and be able to work with a lot of people throughout the company.