We are seeking a strategic Merchandiser to lead our Corrugated Category (West Region). In this role, the Merchandiser will be responsible for overall strategic management of the respective category including vendor relationships, strategic sourcing, product mastery, industry and trend analysis, and a key business partner to regional procurement leads, Sales Representatives, Executive and other stakeholder. This role will manage the corrugated procurement activities and people in the Corrugated Center of Excellence. This role will be responsible for driving performance and impact – ensuring we have the best suppliers and pricing possible to remain cutting edge..
This position will report to the: Director, Merchandising
Location: West Region : Orora Packaging Solutions, Buena Park (9097), Cypress, CA
Travel Requirement: up to 10 % Travel May Be Required
FLSA Status: Exempt
What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role
- Primary category expert within Orora; advising the business on how this specific category can play a role in driving innovation, client development, cost reduction opportunities, etc.
- Serve as primary contact/relationship manager for key supplier accounts within assigned category; Keeping abreast of the who’s who in the industry – ensuring Orora always has the best suppliers at the table.
- Develop category strategy, roadmap, and key performance metrics for designated category; Prepare and present category strategy updates to executives and key stakeholders as needed
- Advise and coach business on opportunities to further reduce cost, improve quality, and new product trends in the market; Present trends to leadership as needed to drive sales opportunities
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Business Development – serve as a key subject matter experts in partnership with Sales Representatives
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Manage all aspects on new supplier qualifications, onboarding, performance, and quality standards for designated category
- Develop, implement and maintain supplier performance scorecards
- Monitor and ensure all suppliers are compliant with established contracts and agreements
- Develop, manage, and execute sourcing events for key purchases – RFQ, RFP, Project Management etc.
- Negotiate pricing, delivery/timing, and contractual language (with supplier performance team) for all key purchases
- Other duties as needed
What We’re Looking For
- 10 years of experience in designated category
- 5+ years leading designated category with a track record of increase revenue and/or decreased costs
- 2+ years leading a procurement or merchandising team
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills (ability to use MS Office Suite with an emphasis on advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint knowledge)
- Strong Analytical skills (ability to identify cost savings and revenue opportunities across several product lines, with the ability to present a financial analysis to management in order to support your recommendation
- Demonstrated history of driving businesses to improve financial performance.
- Strong track record of accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with upper management, peers and subordinates.
- Effective communication skills, including written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills ability to summarize and present transaction volume/trends to management
- Ability to work with other internal departments to achieve desired cost savings, revenue gain, or contractual commitment.
- Proven experience working with SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support and guidance
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families. Here’s a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Generous PTO
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.